Deposit notifications allow us to efficiently identify your incoming funds for proper credit to your account and to ensure that funds retain their originating currency of denomination.1
- Explicit instructions on where and how to send the funds will be provided after you complete the deposit notification. The instructions will vary according to your location and type of funds.
- Checks or wires sent to MDS without completed deposit instructions will be held until we can contact you to complete one.
- A deposit notification does not move your funds. You must contact your bank or broker to complete the transfer.
- Cancellation of the deposit notification will not stop Interactive Brokers from presenting the check for payment.
- To notify us of a deposit of funds, complete a deposit notification on the Fund Transfers page in Account Management/Funds Management or during your initial application process.
In accordance with anti-money laundering regulations, all deposit will only be processed in the name of the account holder.
To make a withdrawal of funds, complete a withdrawal request on the Fund Transfers page in Account Management/Funds Management.
A withdrawal request will be processed only if the customer has sufficient available funds and equity in excess of the initial margin requirement. Available funds are defined as the lower of trade or settlement date funds. If a withdrawal request is rejected, the customer may re-enter the withdrawal request once there are sufficient available funds and equity in excess of the initial margin requirement.
In accordance with anti-money laundering regulations, all withdrawals will be sent in the name of the account holder.